Monday, November 23, 2009

thanksgiving



is anyone else breaking their eyeballs when they look at the calendar? i can't believe its almost 2010.

to get into the swing of things (because i've barely had time to let my tan fade, let alone get totes psyched about some fall happenings. i'm sorry where was apple picking this year?) i'd like to count my blessings because it just seems the right thing to do as years come to a close & the winter solstice comes upon us.


1) thanks be to ALLAH 2009 is almost over. am i right?? christ on a crutch what the fuck did the world do, vomit on god's child while simultaneously backing over mother nature's cat?

2) the cycadas this year. there's nothing quite like the sound. an instant slow mo country time lemonade button for my brain, as close as i'll ever be to sitting in buddha's palm.




3) when the internet works.

4) david foster wallace & his words like honey.

5) my sister. hey girl, hey.




6) the rest of my sisters. hey tiny ponies, hey.

7) dan. what a man. i hope to never not be his best friend.

8) dario argento. AH! every single image i want to tattoo directly onto my eyeballs.




9) i've been feeling exceptionally sexy since about...july. not much more to be said.

10) raspberry hot pepper preserves. i just...there aren't words.

11) my dad. there's always a story to tell about something. an anecdote, a word of caution, a prescription, something. he's like a living fortune cookie. except you can't learn any chinese from him.

12) this really sweet fake fleece blanket my grandmother got me last christmas. you wouldn't believe how nice synthetic fiber is.



i mean, you can practically hear the whispered pleas for decency.

13) my roommate. she put a photo of pasta bread bowls on our fridge.

14) singing karaoke. singing in the shower. singing at all.

15) the newly reopened & restored monument in ft. greene park. it's just such a fine looking place to be.

16) teenage. vampires. in. love.

No comments: