Wednesday, September 24, 2008

you had the right idea.


krissy said to me today that she had the realization that she was completely not ready to live with a man again. now, while i have no experience living with a man romantically, i have to say that i don't think i'm down with it either. nor do i think i'll ever be. i'm not a cold person in relationships. actually quite the opposite. but i'm private about the things i'm private about. and of course they're weird things. i don't want a man looking at or touching my laundry or my make up. i don't want to have to share a bathroom at all with a man. i don't want to share a nightstand, don't want to get dressed in the morning while someone else is sleeping, and i certainly don't want to be watching television in my underwear and be subjected to being seen in that state.

and yeah a lot of people can say omg! you get used to that. but its not about that. its not that i feel awkward and i wish i didn't. it's that i don't want to get used to that. i don't want to be that 'comfortable'. that's ot comfort to me. that's on par with gaining 200 lbs and wearing sweats all the time after you're married. that's just not gonna be me. i can sacrifice that 'comfort' if it means maintaining some space and mystery. face it: no man wants to watch me give myself a pedicure while watching dr. phil reruns on a saturday afternoon.

i think frida and diego had it right. as do tim and helena.* i mean why not?


*i swear i'm not a loser that refers to celebrities by their first names, as if we went to brunch every sunday.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

you spend all week shouting me out.
great job.